basketball Berlin berlinfashionfou Blog blogger design diana aslanova Fashion htw sports uni young talents
YOUNG TALENTS: ABOUT NO-GO'S, BASKETBALL AND FASHION - INTERVIEW WITH DIANA - BERLIN BASED FASHION DESIGN STUDENT11:59
Who are you and what are you doing? My name is Diana A. and I'm studying fashion design at the University of Applied Sciences ...
- Who are you and what are you doing? My name is Diana A. and I'm studying fashion design at the University of Applied Sciences in Berlin.
- What Inspired this collection? The keynote of the whole collection was "Catch The No-Go" which -combined with a sport and a hybrid- builds the "perfect No-Go". In our case it was basketball and diagonality. The sport was our biggest inspiration so everything from the basketball court to the LA Lakers inspired us a lot. We defined our "no-go" by the combination of male sports and female details such as flowers and pastel colors.
- What does fashion mean to you? There is a saying "you are what you wear" that is in my opinion completely true. People's personalities are of course not unimportant. But when you meet someone for the first time, the appearances are what catches the eyes at first. Fashion and clothing say a lot about you. Even if you decide to go against the usual norm of following trends. Rather you create antifashion which is somehow fashionable as well.
- Ideas for the future? I don't have any specific ideas, but right now I'm very interested in 3D printers and smart materials.
- 3 Fashion No-Go’s? Leo-pattern, Waist bags, Socks with flip flops
Designer: Sevda Sen, Diana Aslanova
Fotografin: Janina Wagner
Models: Mamadama D, Derek